how to resolve the less internal memory issue on android. But it was not worked out for android new versions. I have read one good article on Android Advices blog about to resolve internal memory issue. Really its a good tip to escape from the less internal memory issue. This is the best way to install apps on sd card for the androids which has very less internal memory such as Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Y, DUOS, etc. To do this you no need root the android too. Just follow the below steps.
- Download Java Development Kit (JDK) followed by which you need to download theSoftware Development Kit (SDK) in your computer along with that you need to download the USB Drivers and also you need to ensure that the PC Suite is installed in your computer.
- Now, enable the USB Debugging Mode from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. You can also refer to the below mentioned image to enable the same.
- After installing the Java SDK, you need to install the Android SDK in your computer. After installing the Android SDK, you now need to run the tool called the Android SDK Platform tools.
- After this, you need to connect the Android phone to the computer using the USB Cable.
- Open the command prompt in your computer which you can open by pressing the “Windows + R” and then you need to type in the command as “cmd” and then enter the path as Android\Android-SDK\Platform-tools.
- Now, you need to type in the command as “adb devices” to check whether the phone is connected or not. Now, if it appears as “offline”, you need to check with the USB cable. Enter the command as “netstat” to check with the port is in use or not. If it is in use then then you need to close the process which is in the use.
- You will now need to proceed and check whether all the firewall and antivirus tools are disabled as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Now, all you need to do is to enter the command as “setInstallLocation” wherein after which it will accept the three valueswhich means;
0 [auto]: Let the phone decide the best location for an app
1 [internal]: It installs everything in the internal storage
2 [external]: It installs everything in the memory card
- You need to now change the value from 0 to 2 setInstallLocation. For changing this, you need to run the following command,
Just in case if there is no error message, unplug the phone and restart the phone. After this, you will be in a position to easily install the applications in the SD Card.adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2