R Pidugu

How To Resolve "Internal Storage Full " & "Message Memory Full" Problems in Android Phone

Till last week my Galaxy Ace performance was good and I was so happy for buying it. Nowadays I am getting notification "INternal storage is full" and "message memory full". Even there is 6GB of free space in SD card. I deleted few apps which I am not using at all. Ofcourse the internal storage full message is disappeared.

"Internal Storage is full" Solution:
This message comes when you install many apps phones internal memory. When you download apps from market by default all the apps will be installed in internal memory of the phone. So we need a tool to move these apps to SD card. I trie dwith Apps2SD tool, but its not moving all the apps to SD card. Atlast I found an useful tool i.e.Gemini App Manager

Download the Gemini App Manager from android market and try, you can move all the apps including Facebook to SD card. This is powerful tool to move apps from phones memory to SD card..

"Message memory full" Solution:
This problem is due to Google apps updates. Google Maps occupies more 10MB of space in phones internal memory. Not only Google Maps, there may be some more apps too can occupy 10MB. In my case it was Google Maps. Just I uninstall Google Maps updates, then my phone got rid off this problem. You need to uninstall apps that occupy more than 10MB.

Definitely the abobe tips help you to resolve memory isues in your android phone.

R Pidugu

About R Pidugu -

RPidugu is a Blogger, Reader and Technology Enthusiast and would love to share tech tips via this blog. Keep visit this space and subscribe via email for daily updates.

16 comments

Write comments
December 19, 2011 at 11:17 PM delete

I have installed this apps in my samsung galaxy ace but it can't able to move facebook and twitter to sd card, so please can you tell me how to transfer these apps to sd cards. It will very helful to me...... so plz reply me

Anonymous
July 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM delete

I have installed this app but it is asking to move some apps to sd card but it is unable do this.... what the problem or it will take time ?

Αθηνά
September 4, 2012 at 6:10 AM delete

you saved my day!! thank you very much for your help! i just saved 30mb space in my internal memory!

Anonymous
September 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM delete

Simply uninstalling does not fix the problem. Once your phone realizes it's not "up to date" it will again try to update the programs and the problem will likely reappear.

Instead, you need to actually get the bulky system programs (such as Google Maps) out of the internal memory and installed as a user app. Don't just go doing that to any system app. I found this site that explains it better than I can:

WARNING - deleting the wrong system app can brick your phone! Proceed with caution at your own risk.

Raphael Doss
December 27, 2012 at 2:38 PM delete

thanks this solved everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raphael Doss
December 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM delete

when i try to move facebook to sd card it just said :moving be patient and never does anything how tdo i fix this? plz reply XD

Anonymous
December 31, 2012 at 8:00 AM delete

Am using xperia sola and have free space but still it says memory full if i want to save any type of media

RPrasad
January 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM delete

Check this post for permanent solution..

RPrasad
January 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM delete

Hi Raphael...Check this below link for permanent solution..

RPrasad
January 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM delete

This is due to whatever the apps you install that goes to phone's internal memory. You should move or install apps to SDcard, so that you can get enough space on phone..so that your phone performance also will increase.. just check the below link for permanent solution.

Ershath
February 13, 2013 at 8:07 AM delete

did as u said.. but still not able to move facebook from internal to sd card.. pls reply

Anonymous
March 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM delete

Mine is saying full but has nearly 2 gig free space and no sd card available!

Andrew Stace
April 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM delete

Android phones are crap. So are Samsung. How can they not have sorted something like this after making mobile phones and computers for 20 years. I dont know much about programming but it hardly seems like it would be a big problem when you consider how many complicated things these devices do. Im usually pretty good with gadgets but these samsung android phone are making me look like a right dummy in front of my kids. Its crap.

Jayriginal
May 8, 2013 at 2:25 AM delete

Your comment is funny but I agree with you somewhat.

This issue ruins what otherwise are great phones. Im bothered because I really do not want to root my phone. Im still hoping there is a way out. Thats what brought me here.

Cheers.

Anonymous
May 10, 2013 at 3:23 AM delete

Hahahahahaa,Android is rubbish

Anonymous
May 30, 2013 at 8:52 AM delete

You need to uninstall the FB from your phone...and follow the steps provided in this link(http://techtter.blogspot.nl/2012/05/how-to-install-apps-on-sd-card-for.html?utm_source=BP_recent)and install FB from Google Play...Then your FB will install in sdcard..not in internal memory of your phone...good luck..